A Hi Temp solar blanket heats by day and insulates at night. If left on when the pool is not in use during the day, the blanket allows the sun’s rays to pass through the bubbles to heat the pool water during the day. At night, the bubbles act as an insulator minimizing heat loss.
- Enjoy 10 – 15 degrees warmer water in season extend your swimming season
- Cuts heating costs by 70% or more
- Cuts water evaporation by up to 95%
- Save on chemicals and energy
- Keeps pool cleaner
- Durable and reliable
- Fewer seams and fewer problems
- Low-density polyethylene made from Dow prime resins that are very durable
- Blanket lays flatter and looks better
- Ultra lightweight and easy to handle
Benefits of Solar Pool Blankets
The PowerPlastics Solid Safety Cover
The PowerPlastics Solid Safety Cover is the single most effective physical barrier to prevent child drowning and to secure a pool, conforming to international safety standards as it supports the weight of two adults and a child. Importantly, there are no fiddly hooks and eyelets, making the cover quick and easy to use. This blend of simplicity of design, coupled with practical and user-friendly fastening systems are what make this cover the desirable choice over other pool safety systems on the market.
The PowerPlastics Solid Safety Cover can also be used to reduce water, chemical and power usage, making it a great cover choice for the eco-friendly home too, as well as a way to winterize or shut down the pool in the off season.
For added convenience, the PowerPlastics Solid Safety Cover can be automated with a motorised Rollup Station. Two systems are available – EasyRoll and the Vektor.
- Simplicity of design and ease of use: supported across the pool by aluminium battens that are secured into the PVC cover, one end is anchored into place with removable anchor bolts. The opposite end has corresponding ratchets which allow the cover to be tightened. Two people are required to operate the cover.
- Tamper proof: the lockable strapping system makes it difficult for a small child to tamper with or attempt to release the cover.
- Drainage system: a common drawback with first generation PVC covers is that rain or sprinkler water can collect on top of a PVC pool cover, forming a small pool that curious toddlers may be tempted to play in. Our second generation PowerPlastics Solid Safety Cover features drainage holes to eliminate these pools forming on top of the cover.
- Durable: made from 550-600 gsm PVC, aluminium battens and industrial strength stainless steel ratchets.
Please note that the weight of the PowerPlastics Solid Safety Cover will increase according to the pool size. While there are different methods to cover and uncover one’s pool which do not involve picking the entire cover up – ever – there is a certain inherent weight to the cover. The weight can be calculated as follows: m2 x 1.5kg.
A variety of colours mean this cover can blend into the look and feel of the outdoor living area. Comes in Blue/Black, Black, Racing Green, Brown and StoneGrey.
The PowerPlastics Solid Safety Cover and all parts carry a one year warranty. The expected lifespan of the cover is three to six years. The aluminium battens should last three times that period.